MSME-DI, Kolkata has been implementing “Entrepreneurship and Skill Development Programme (ESDP) Scheme” through Enterprise Facilitation Centres to the existing & potential entrepreneurs and organises IMC/EAP/E-SDP/MDP programmes, which mainly focus on the process of improving the skills and knowledge of entrepreneurs, enhancing the capacity to develop, manage and organize a business venture.
The objective of the ESDP Scheme is to motivate various sections of the society including SC/ST/Women, physically handicapped, Ex-servicemen and BPL persons to consider self employment or entrepreneurship as one of the career options. The ultimate objective is to promote new enterprises, capacity building of existing MSMEs and inculcating entrepreneurial culture in the country.
The ESDP Scheme includes the following activities:
- Industrial Motivational Campaign for youth (IMC-Y) - Two Days
- Industrial Motivational Campaign for Clusters/Industries Association (IMC-C) - One Day
- Entrepreneurship Awareness Programme (EAP) - Two week
- Entrepreneurship-cum-Skill Development Programme (E-SDP) - Six Week
- Management Development Programme (MDP) - One week